2017 IYENGAR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
Introductory Program Design
Thank you for your interest in our Iyengar Yoga teacher training program! This course of study is designed to do the following:
- Refine your understanding of your own asana practice with an eye towards teaching from your experience of practice
- Learn the art of demonstration and practical teaching skills to make you a clear, confident and effective teacher
- Expand your understanding of yoga philosophy through the study of classical yoga texts and Mr. Iyengar’s writings so it becomes an organic part of your life and teaching
- Introduce basic anatomy and cover primary modifications of postures for common injuries for the Introductory I, II syllabus
Education and Mentorship
This course is designed as a year-long study program, giving you 91 hours of teacher education with a qualified Iyengar yoga teacher trainer. Students that are preparing for assessment are highly encouraged to take the course for two years as full preparation for assessment at the Introductory Level, giving you 182 hours of teacher education and mentorship.
Taught by Intermediate Junior III certified teacher Aretha Blevins, the 2017 Iyengar Yoga teacher training program of study is a wonderful opportunity to improve your skills as a practitioner and cultivate teaching skills that will make you a clear confident and effective teacher. The course will cover all of the required knowledge for Introductory Level Certification for those teachers wanting to pursue their certification.
Aretha is thrilled to serve the Tennessee and broader Southeast region offering this Introductory teacher training for Iyengar Community! Aretha has assisted Jan Campbell's teacher training for many years and assisted Patricia Walden's two year teacher training program in Cambridge, MA. Aretha has been practicing Iyengar yoga for over two decades and has been teaching yoga since 2003.
This application is open to students of Iyengar yoga that are curious about teaching, wanting to enrich their understanding of Iyengar yoga, and for students working towards their Introductory level assessment. Please fill out the form below, and you will be notified in 4- to 6-weeks if you have been accepted into the program, which will begin in early 2017.
For questions regarding this application and your interest and eligibility, please contact: aretha@12Southyoga.com
Teacher Training Details and Requirements
- Cost: $1,050 for seven weekends or $200 for an individual weekends
- Each weekend will meet Saturday 10-6 and Sunday 12-5
- Tentative Dates: March 4-5, April 1-2, May 5-7, June 3-4, Sept. 9-10, Oct. 14-15, Nov. 18-19
- Required: Teacher training students must have three continuous, current years of study with an Iyengar yoga teacher
- Required: Teacher training students must currently be studying* with an Iyengar yoga teacher.
*If you are a regular student of yoga and have attended Iyengar yoga workshops, but do not have a certified teacher in your area to study with on a regular basis and are interested in pursuing teacher training in the Iyengar method to please contact Aretha.
Interested? Please complete the form below
For students accepted program, we will follow-up with relevant details about the curriculum, commitment details, and a payment page.
In addition to your application below, all interested students are requested to send a letter from your current Iyengar Yoga teacher recommending you for the program. Please email that letter of recommendation within 24-hours of filling out your form to aretha@12Southyoga.com.